• Torborgee (a spicy stew made from the Torborgee bean, palm oil and meat or fish)
• Beef and cassava leaf soup
• Goat meat soup
• Kanyah (ground peanuts mixed with toasted rice flour and sugar)
• Liberian rice bread
• Monrovian coconut pie (coconut and egg pie in a pastry case)
• Palm butter soup (crab claws, chicken and prawns cooked with palm butter and chilli)
Things to know:
A host is responsible for guests at their party and must provide all drinks, food and entertainment, even when the party is based in a bar. When a guest, be aware that the host feels in charge and be sure to inform them when leaving.
10% at hotels, restaurants and bars is expected.
• Ginger and pineapple juice
• Club (local lager)
• Lemongrass tea
• Palm wine (a strong sugar cane juice can be taken neat or mixed with ginger beer)